Reflexology is an ancient natural healing art based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet, hands and ears which correspond to every muscle, joint, gland and organ of the body. By applying pressure on specific reflex points a Reflexologist can stimulate the corresponding organs or glands, thus helping to restore normal functionning of the circulatory, nervous, immune, digestive, hormonal and structural systems.
Reflexology aims to improve your health by reducing tension, inducing deep relaxation and increasing circulation. You can try it to
- Relieve plantar fasciitis, sciatica, whiplash
- Relieve stress and tension
- Promote deep relaxation
- Improve sleep
- Relieve pain, headaches, migraines
- Relieve anxiety, improve mood
- Relieve digestive problems
- Relieve PMS, menopause symptoms
- Improve cardio-vascular and lymphatic circulation
- Boost immune system
- Increase energy level
- Help body restore its natural balance (homeostasis)
Is Reflexology for You?
Reflexology stands alone and separate from other therapies. However, it may enhance and/or complement other therapies, ideal prior to osteopathic and chiropractic treatments, pre- and post surgery. Reflexology is safe for everyone at any age and has no side effects!
Dr. Martine Faure-Alderson, D.O. (homeopath, osteopath and reflexologist), developed 3 cranio sacral reflexology protocols after also having studied naturopathy, acupuncture and phytotherapy for 25 years: the Basic CSR, the Lymphatic Protocol as well as the Cardio-Vascular Protocol. This holistic, non-invasive treatment aims to re-establish the unrestricted flow of the cranio-sacral fluid (CSF) essential for the proper functioning of all organs, glands and tissues. When the flow of CSF is impeded, dysfunctions and disease result. Such restrictions or blockages can be caused by physical, emotional or mental issues and traumas as well as chronic tension and stress.
Conditions which respond well to CSR treatments:
- Following road traffic accidents, skiing or other severe falls
- Whiplash and head injuries, as well as falls on coccyx and sacrum
- Traumas of physical, mental or emotional type
- Baby and infant conditions – birth trauma, premature babies, colic, trouble sleeping, excessive crying, reflux, recurrent ear, nose and throat infections, developmental and behavioral delays
- General conditions such as stress-related illnesses, insomnia, anxiety and depression, TMJ syndrome, tinnitus, sinusitis, asthma, bronchitis, head aches and migraine, lower back, shoulder and neck pain, sports injuries, fibromyalgia, cancer (side-effects).
Thai foot reflexology could be described as the marriage of India and Asia, incorporating elements of Japanese shiatsu, Chinese reflexology, Chinese tuina and Ayurvedic yoga. It is an integral part of traditional Thai yoga massage dating back some 2000 years and a respected and proven treatment on its own, a complex theoretical science as well as an informal healing art. A Thai stick (made of rosewood) and shea butter as well as special blends of essential oils are used in this type of reflexology. It feels like a delightful massage of the foot and lower leg.
Reported benefits include:
- Improved circulation in legs and hands
- Improved lymphatic drainage
- Increased removal of waste deposits an toxins
- Stimulation of immune system
- Reduced stiffness, increased flexibility
- Accelerated physical healing
- Relief from stress and improved sleep
- Mental clarity and stimulation
Gift certificates are available for all reflexology modalities or length of time you choose. To order, please contact Andrea Mühlebach at 514-883-8999 or [email protected]
|1-Hour Foot (CSR) or Hand||$70.00|
|Foot-Hand combo, (~ 90 min.)||$85.00|
|3 1-hour CSR or Hand sessions, pre-paid (save $15)||$195.00|
|Padabhyanga, lower leg massage (~80 min.)||$80.00|
|Seniors/students, regular 1-hour $10 off per session|
|Children up to 12 years old||$50.00|
Payments by cheque or cash, insurance receipts available
Friday: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Monday: 8:30 am – 16:30 pm
Tuesday/Thursday: 8:30 am – 20:00 pm
Saturday: on request
e-mail: [email protected]